[SOLVED] Send invoice by email (

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247708 by MacPhotoBiker
[SOLVED] Send invoice by email ( was created by MacPhotoBiker
Hi,

is it possible to send the invoice by email? I'm aware it can't be sent as pdf, but is it possible to send it just as HTML email?

In the user profile, one can select an invoice, and it opens in a preview window. This is exactly the invoice I'd like to send by email.

Thanks a lot!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247764 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send invoice by email
Best you could do is format one of the emails sent on the Presentation tab or one of the emails sent by CBSubs Emails. There's no built in feature to send the invoice formatted as the user sees during payment process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247794 by MacPhotoBiker
Replied by MacPhotoBiker on topic Send invoice by email
I'd gladly do that, but which variable would give me the invoice number? I tried the same that is being used in the actual invoice ([INVOICENUMBER]), but it's not being populated.

9 years 8 months ago #247836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send invoice by email
Unfortunately I don't believe you can get the invoice number though substitutions in CBSubs Email emails or the Presentation tab emails. You could try using a query field to query for the information then substitute in the query field, but am unsure if the information will be available at time of email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacPhotoBiker

9 years 8 months ago #247855 by MacPhotoBiker
Replied by MacPhotoBiker on topic Send invoice by email
That's totally fine, if there's no "out of the box" solution, then I won't dig any deeper. Accessing the invoices in the user profile is an acceptable solution for our purposes, and personally I like it for it's consistency (no "I didn't get that email" :) )

Thanks a lot.

9 years 8 months ago #247861 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Send invoice by email

MacPhotoBiker wrote: That's totally fine, if there's no "out of the box" solution, then I won't dig any deeper. Accessing the invoices in the user profile is an acceptable solution for our purposes, and personally I like it for it's consistency (no "I didn't get that email" :) )

Thanks a lot.

You can always send an extra email telling purchaser that all invoices are available from user profile and give url in email.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn