Don't see what your looking for? Just ask! - What about User Points and Virtual currency

9 years 8 months ago #247852 by 1stFrontiersman
CB Subs is a payment gateway with some great features. Is there a possibility to have a virtual currency feature added so that a user could earn "Virtual" money for performing and completing certain tasks such as registering as a user, inviting friends, completing surveys, time spent on site, number of pages viewed, etc. and then use it to buy products or services on the website.

A point system could be incorporated as well for the same tasks or could be be set by admin for certain tasks that could then be used for purchases just like the virtual currency.

I know there are 3rd party extensions that could be used but I think they would be better suited if they were made a part of CB Subs core.

Otherwise, how many payment gateways could be incorporated in a particular website if they have particular features one from another without conflict?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247887 by krileon
There's a couple ways to do this, but yes it's doable.

One way is to create a Integer field to represent the dollar value the user has earned. You'd then create a CBSubs Promotion that uses the integer field as it's discount value. If you need math to calculate points to a dollar value you could use a CB Query Field to use SQL to pull the integer fields value and use SQL functions to calculate the dollar value. You'd then use the CB Query Field as the promotion discount.

Another way is if you're using a 3rd party point system you could use a CB Query Field to pull the points, calculate a dollar value, then have it be the discount field for the CBSubs Promotion.

Note for query fields to work in CBSubs Promotions I believe you need to set it to "fixed amount" then substitute it in.

Another option is to develop a new payment gateway that handles its payment process through some sort of points system.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn