On invoice: Which variable provides the membership cycle?

9 years 8 months ago #247856 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi,

in the user profile -> subscription tab, the renewal button shows the time frame (period) for the renewal.

However, for the invoice, I was not able to find the variable that provides exactly that time frame. It shows the plan title (Yearly membership, or Adhesion annuelle), but I'd like it to show also the corresponding time frame:

Could you help me out what I need to do in order to get the period printed on the invoice?

Thanks a lot!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247889 by krileon
Within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices see the settings under "Invoice content and styling settings for System owner". The various textareas support the substitutions as shown in "Substitutions in all fields of invoice". I don't think it supports the plan duration though.

One way you could do that is by adjusting "Payment invoice item text" on your plans under the "Pricing" tab. You'd then adjust "Payment item text" as needed as it supports a substitution for subscription duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247899 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi Kyle,

thanks for your answer.

Within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices see the settings under "Invoice content and styling settings for System owner". The various textareas support the substitutions as shown in "Substitutions in all fields of invoice". I don't think it supports the plan duration though.

Yes, I think I tried of the variables, none of them returned the period.

One way you could do that is by adjusting "Payment invoice item text" on your plans under the "Pricing" tab. You'd then adjust "Payment item text" as needed as it supports a substitution for subscription duration.

You mean to add the time frame as static text? This could be somehow a workaround to at least show something on the invoice. However, I don't think this is a consistent solution. Let's say in in two years I put manually "September 2016 to August 2017". Then, of course, this would show correctly on the current invoice. However, when the member looks at older invoices, then all older invoices would also show "September 2016 to August 2017" In my opinion, this would just lead to confusion, since we would create wrong invoices.

I believe that this is what would happen because as far as I've seen, invoices are always generated from the database, and not stored statically. So all changes in the "Invoice Display" settings will also change historic invoices.

Am I correct with that assumption? Or is it stored permanently after payment?

I tried the "Payment Info Item Text", both variables and just some random text, but I never see it on the invoice.

These are the last settings I tried:

Then, I had a look before the payment:

and after the payment:

The only difference is that while unpaid, it shows the generic "offline" method, while when paid, it shows what was chosen (Cheque in this case). But the "Payment Info Item Text" does not show, whatever I tried.

Am I totally on the wrong track?
Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #247916 by krileon
Based off the description of those parameters they should display on the invoice fine. Below is the defaults.

Payment item text: [PREFIX_TEXT] [PLANS_TITLE]: [ITEM_NAME][VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING] for [USERNAME]

Payment processor item text (short): [PREFIX_TEXT] [ITEM_ALIAS][VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING]

It maybe displaying the "Payment basket item text" though within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets, which is correct when viewing the basket, but isn't correct when viewing the invoice. Maybe try changing it then retesting and see if it's what's really displays. Encase it's changed the default for it is as follows.

Payment basket item text: [ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn