Registered Users Can't See Groups

9 years 8 months ago #247886 by smoudy
Registered Users Can't See Groups was created by smoudy
Hi, I'm looking to implement a community in which users can create groups that any other registered user can apply to, but I've found that users must be at least at the "Author" level on the site to be able to see any groups or categories. Similarly, when a registered user is invited to a group, they are redirected to a page that requests them to log in (despite already being logged in) and then prompts them with the error that they are not authorized.

Is there any advice as to what is going on? I've scoured through both GroupJive and CB settings and I can't find anything that would so restrict registered users. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registered Users Can't See Groups
Ensure the CB GroupJive plugin within CB > Plugin Management is set to Public. Next review the Category of your Group and ensure its access is at least Registered. If your plugin, category, and group all have correct accesses set then check if you've a Joomla menu item for GJ that is public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248017 by smoudy
Replied by smoudy on topic Registered Users Can't See Groups
Thanks for the quick reply Kyle.

I'm afraid those changes didn't fix the problem. I've made sure that the plugin is public, created public test groups, made sure the categories are public, and created a public GJ menu item, but anyone below "Author" level access is told there are none available.

Registered users also cannot see GJ invites they've received, other than in their mailbox. Trying to access the (open) group through the message gives the message that the user is unauthorized, as does trying to accept the invite.

I'd prefer not to have to circumvent this by making all users authors (with accompanying reductions in access privileges elsewhere, of course). Is there something else that might resolve the problem?

9 years 8 months ago #248053 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248234 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. The reason it's not working is because CB GroupJive isn't enabled within CB > Plugin Management. I've enabled it for you and your GJ Categories/Groups appear to be displaying fine now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn