CBSubs - limit payment gateways to a user

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #248051 by c_schmitz
Hello,

I want to offer the gateway 'Off-line' only to certain users that I authorized by previously setting a mark in one of their CB profile fields.

Which event during the payment process would I use to limit the gateways available for that user during checkout?

Is there an up-to-date documentation on the CBSubs events? The only documentation I found is 2 years old and does not even list 60% of the CBSubs events available in the AutoActions plugin.

Seriously - 395 Euro for a Dev membership and essential development documentation is not kept up to date?

Thanks,

Carsten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #248054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs - limit payment gateways to a user

I want to offer the gateway 'Off-line' only to certain users that I authorized by previously setting a mark in one of their CB profile fields.

No such feature exists. You'd have to use Usergroups and adjust the access to the offline gateway to allow for that.

Is there an up-to-date documentation on the CBSubs events? The only documentation I found is 2 years old and does not even list 60% of the CBSubs events available in the AutoActions plugin.

The triggers listed below are still accurate. Please be more specific as to what 40% of the CBSubs triggers are missing and will be sure to add them if they're missing.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18358-using-cb-triggers

There isn't really a trigger to do what you're wanting though. The closest you can get to modifying the basket output is onCbSubsAfterPaymentBasket, but you can't change the button array from it. It does pass the basket output by reference so I suppose you could use some REGEX and remove the buttons HTML and modify the return by reference. This won't work in CB Auto Actions though as it can't work with references as it has no idea which of the 10 variables is a reference. You'd need a custom plugin to accomplish that.

Seriously - 395 Euro for a Dev membership and essential development documentation is not kept up to date?

We're working to rewrite our entire documentation as well as provide a better delivery method for it. This however takes an extensive amount of time as we go through and phpdoc core CB and begin documenting all our API functionality. We should have this hopefully available sometime after CB 2.0 goes stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #248119 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic CBSubs - limit payment gateways to a user

krileon wrote: .

The triggers listed below are still accurate. Please be more specific as to what 40% of the CBSubs triggers are missing and will be sure to add them if they're missing.

Sorry, but I am not impressed - that's just a list of triggers that I can see in AutoActions too.
Actually I was referring to the document 'CBSubs GPL Developers Integration API documentation' which is advertised as THE dev docs for CBSubs in your membership page at www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership and which is lacking any update since 2012.

That could at least be called some rudimentary documentation for the triggers. But there seems not to be any insight on your side that this lack of documentation update needs to be fixed urgently - and not just when you get some time among all your other projects.

It is a shame that it is not kept up to date - what's the point of so much money to pay if I have to figure stuff out by myself anyway. Yes, I can ask in the forums but my thread at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/226186-which-event-to-use-for-plan-changes is now waiting for an answer for a _whole_ week.

If I discover and report a bug I get told to wait for the next update - ETA: unknown - so maybe 'Developer subscription plan' means I have to develop bug fixes too?

Let's step back here and focus on most important question:
Do you seriously think that is good support? Do you think this keeps the promise of the developer membership?
Anway, I will try to get as much help as I can get from you guys as I am stuck with CBSubs - but this experience so far is most disappointing and sometimes outright frustrating.

Regards

Carsten

9 years 8 months ago #248164 by beat

c_schmitz wrote:

krileon wrote: .

Sorry, but I am not impressed - that's just a list of triggers that I can see in AutoActions too.
Actually I was referring to the document 'CBSubs GPL Developers Integration API documentation' which is advertised as THE dev docs for CBSubs in your membership page at www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership and which is lacking any update since 2012.

That could at least be called some rudimentary documentation for the triggers. But there seems not to be any insight on your side that this lack of documentation update needs to be fixed urgently - and not just when you get some time among all your other projects.

It is a shame that it is not kept up to date - what's the point of so much money to pay if I have to figure stuff out by myself anyway. Yes, I can ask in the forums but my thread at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/226186-which-event-to-use-for-plan-changes is now waiting for an answer for a _whole_ week.

If I discover and report a bug I get told to wait for the next update - ETA: unknown - so maybe 'Developer subscription plan' means I have to develop bug fixes too?

Let's step back here and focus on most important question:
Do you seriously think that is good support? Do you think this keeps the promise of the developer membership?
Anway, I will try to get as much help as I can get from you guys as I am stuck with CBSubs - but this experience so far is most disappointing and sometimes outright frustrating.

Regards

Carsten

To answer your last and most important question first, I have gone over the last 3 months of forum and I have to agree and admit that we could have done better on supporting you! This was not like we would like our support to be. So, sorry about that and we will try to do better from now on.

Looks like a set of circumstances have worked against providing our usual much higher level of support. That includes a period of intense development work to finish CB 2.0 as well as precise (and nice) special use-cases (specially the currency-dependent plans and currency-dependent subscriptions-upgrades that were not entirely part of CBSubs initial specs and that we wanted you to be able to use as we found that use very smart) have stretched a bit the flexibility of CBSubs and made a few border-case bugs appear.

I understand your frustration with the CBSubs developers documentation, and I'm the culprit (mea culpa for that), as I have written that CBSubs developers documentation, which is still valid even if not updated since 2012, as our APIs stay stable in the long term. We try to put most of our documentation where it belongs, in the code, in form of php-docs that are interpreted by any good IDE (I can recommend any Eclipse-based IDE as open-source solution, and there are also powerful proprietary IDEs like phpstorm that you certainly know). Maybe we should run phpdocumentor on our code to create a doc site ? I am not sure about its usefulness, as personally I never use those as I prefer the built-in phpdoc tools of IDEs, which are much better. CBSubs is a quite complete and large extension, and digging a bit in its php-doc-documented code can help a long way too.

Sorry about the replying delay to your other thread mentioned. It seems to have slipped through our daily support routine, which suffers from our development time to get CB 2.0 released. Again, sorry about that. We will reply today to it.

Finally, to give you a time-frame for updates in docs that are on their way, and all new stable releases for CB and CBSubs, my current estimate based on our development plan is that they will be released in the coming weeks. From there on, documentation updates and new releases will be much more frequent. Communication about all of that will be done in the next weeks too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.433 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn