CB Blog - Use Tags instead of Categories

9 years 8 months ago #248240 by djdesjardins
CB Blog - Use Tags instead of Categories was created by djdesjardins
I'm going to be looking to see what it would take to implement using Tags instead of categories (or additionally) for the Blogs written by the site members using CB Blogs.

This would be very useful and very nice on a project I'm currently working on (but i could live without it for awhile). Two quick questions.
  1. Is this already on the road-map as a future enhancement?
  2. Is this reasonably feasible as a limited customization of CB Blog or will it in essence be a significant rewrite?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #248258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blog - Use Tags instead of Categories

Is this already on the road-map as a future enhancement?

Yes, I've a CB 2.1 feature ticket to add tags support, which will work on the J3.x and K2 models, but won't work on J2.x as it has no tags feature.

Is this reasonably feasible as a limited customization of CB Blog or will it in essence be a significant rewrite?

Should be reasonably easy to add. You'd need to modify the model to handle storage of the tags. You'd then need to handle the edit function and the template files for edit to display the tags input. I won't know the extent of the complication until CB 2.1 where I'll be reviewing implementing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn