Default New Member Avatar

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248990 by bins
Default New Member Avatar was created by bins
Am I missing something?

Initially, I would like a default avatar for any registrant who does not upload one.

Ideally, I would like a default avatar for each membership plan is CB Subs.

How can I achieve at least the first, as I would have thought that this was a basic thing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default New Member Avatar
You should see the default avatar when viewing their profile. If you're wanting to change it you need to replace it at the below location in CB 1.x. With CB 2.0 you'll be able to select a new image from a dropdown once supplied to the correct location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/

Ideally, I would like a default avatar for each membership plan is CB Subs.

One way you could do that is use CBSubs Plan Images plugin to assign an image per subscription plan. Next you'll need a delimiter field to check if they have uploaded an avatar using the IF substitution. If they have then display the avatar field. If they haven't then display the plans image field. Example of this as follows.

[cb:if avatar!=""][cb:userfield field="avatar" /][/cb:if]
[cb:if avatar=""][cb:userfield field="cb_plan_image" /][/cb:if]

Further substitution usage information can be found in the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248995 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Default New Member Avatar
Re default,I can see a silhouette, but nothing is shown using different modules (I am displaying latest members).

Re plans, I will investigate further.
Thanks

9 years 7 months ago #249010 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default New Member Avatar

Re default,I can see a silhouette, but nothing is shown using different modules (I am displaying latest members).

Where? Please check the users profile and ensure it's displaying there. We don't have a module that displays just avatars in CB 1.x (CB 2.0 does). That's only available with 3rd party modules and those from S4J, but I've no way of guaranteeing their functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn