Payment invoice item text not trasnferred to paypal

9 years 7 months ago #249080 by HowardTheDuck
Hi Guys,
we have an issue (i think a bug) with cbsubs when we make a purchase through Paypal.

I see part of this has been also addressed in thread nr. #236688. But what we notice is a different behaviour.

It seems that the name sent to PayPal is NOT the one found under "Payment invoice item text" on the Pricing tab of your plans. This is what we see when the Paypal payment opens, but when we click on it (to complete payment) the string passed is the "Payment basket item text".

Can you please help on this to understand if it is indeed a bug or if we're possibly doing something wrong?

Thank you!
Cristiano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #249103 by krileon
If the gateway supports it it'll be sent all 3. However, PayPal should support them as it was the base for the implementation.

Payment basket item text
Payment item text
Payment processor item text (short)

The "Payment basket item text" is always displayed when human readability is needed (e.g. basket or item name at PayPal). The "Payment item text" and "Payment processor item text (short)" are strictly for invoices and are more specific, but not all gateways support them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249218 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Payment invoice item text not trasnferred to paypal
Hi Kyle,
The problem is that the "Payment basket item text" displayed in PayPal is referring to the last item already purchased, this field is correctly updated only after the payment is occurred to then generate your invoice.

So, the description sent to paypal is not related to the article that you are buying right now, but is related to the article you bought before this last one. The only value that shows the correct description of what you are purchasing is "Payment item text". Is this really the behavior you want, and not a bug? Or is there a way to fix this otherwise?

9 years 7 months ago #249257 by krileon
I don't understand, how is it updated after purchase? Are you changing it with some sort of script? "Payment basket item text" is generated when the basket is generated. It's the human readable text always displayed to the user during their purchase. The "Payment item text" and "Payment processor item text (short)" are for the invoices. Yes, this is intended implementation. Most gateways end up only supporting "Payment basket item text" making it most ideal to send to gateways for display to the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249352 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Payment invoice item text not trasnferred to paypal
Hi Kyle,
you are right, the issue is not related to the “Payment basket item text” but to our customization during the purchase of certain articles on the site.

Basically, in our site we have plans with both fixed and variable prices. To handle variable prices, the only viable way was to use the Donation plan option (as you suggested a few months ago). And indeed everything is working great.

But we would like to show it in the “Payment basket item text” the exact description of what the user is actually buying instead of the generic Plan description.

To do this we added a field in the CB configuration called “cb_lastorder” and we set "Payment basket item text" = [cb_lastOrder] for [USERNAME].

When the user chooses to do a donation with a certain amount, we modify our field cb_lastorder before submitting the form and everything works great.

The problem is then with our traditional plans (not donation) with fixed price and description.We tried to handle them by changing the cb_lastorder value in Integrations > CB Fields > Set Field = Value, but this way the change in the value is applied only after the plan has been activated, then after the relative payment.

So, what we would like to do is:

keeping the “Payment basket item text” = [PLANS_TITLE] for [USERNAME], is there any way to change the cb_lastorder value before the basket is generated and not only at activation?

or

back to "Payment basket item text" = [PLANS_TITLE] for [USERNAME] is there any function allowing runtime to pass PlansTitle to the submit of the form, so passing each time different values?

Thank you again!
Cristiano

9 years 7 months ago #249359 by krileon
Your issue is CBSubs Fields is performing all its actions (as all the integrations do) after that process is complete. You would probably need a custom plugin to alter the basket and change that information or to alter the user and add the future last order. I doubt CB Auto Actions can do this as you'd need to work off trigger variables by reference, which CB Auto Actions can't do.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn