CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable

9 years 7 months ago #249254 by hac
CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable was created by hac
Hi,

If we install CB 2.0 RC3 into a new Joomla 3.3 site, when the stable version comes out, will we be able to upgrade?

I am starting a new Joomla 3.3 site and need to have CB in it. Since CB 1.9.1 doesn't really work with CB (way to many issues) I want to start with the new version, but need to know that all the setup will not be wasted time, if I can't upgrade from RC3 to Stable.

From what I have read CB Subs 3.0 will work with CB 2.0 RC3, so I can get that setup as well without upgrade issues in future?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #249258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable
Start with CB 1.9.1 then upgrade to CB 2.0 once the plugins you need and use have new releases for CB 2.0 compatibility. We're trying to maintain CB 1.x plugin compatibility best as possible, but it's not a guarantee. I'm not sure where "way to many issues" comes from with CB 1.9.1 on Joomla 3.3 though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249275 by hac
Replied by hac on topic CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable
Hi Kyle,

The 'way to many issues' comes from trying to use CB 1.9.1 on a Joomla 3.3 site. I had to hack so many things to get CB 1.9.1 to work on Joomla 3. The router had to be replaced with the CB 2.0 version, CB Lists menu items only work for the default list, no search only parameter in the menu item, etc.

You didn't answer the question as to whether CB 2.0 RC3 would be updatable to CB 2.0 Stable.

Thanks.

9 years 7 months ago #249325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable
Yes, you should be able to upgrade from RC3 to Stable fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249339 by hac
Replied by hac on topic CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable
Thanks Kyle,

Sure hope the Stable versions comes out really soon, it has been so long in coming.

Great job you guys are doing!

9 years 7 months ago #249342 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0 RC3 to CB 2.0 Stable

hac wrote: Thanks Kyle,

Sure hope the Stable versions comes out really soon, it has been so long in coming.

Great job you guys are doing!

Yup Kyle and Beat are doing awesome job with coding.

We do need testing feedback to make CB 2.0 stable happen sooner rather than later.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn