Moving from test site to live site

9 years 6 months ago #250176 by activha
Moving from test site to live site was created by activha
Hello
We are testing CB 2.0 on a test website and due to all the modifications, we will tweak it on the test website before going live.

What process do you suggest to duplicate the configuration without changing our users data on the live website ?

Can we simply upgrade to CB 2.0 and copy DB tables once everything seems ok on the test site ?

Do you have a way to duplicate all configurations ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moving from test site to live site
Plugin configurations (including CB > Configuration) are stored in _comprofiler_plugins. As they've no relation to user data you could copy those over to move plugin configuration. The same applies to tabs (_comprofiler__tabs) and fields (_comprofiler_fields). I suggest making a backup though before moving the data from those 3 tables over just to be safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250242 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Moving from test site to live site
That's great, I guess that using akeeba backup and restore for these three tables should do ?

Thanks anyway

9 years 6 months ago #250269 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moving from test site to live site
I recommend direct phpmyadmin usage. I've no idea what negative affects Akeeba could have on the tables. Especially if it alters the auto increment as all 3 tables have reserved IDs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn