Lost password modification

9 years 6 months ago #250656 by WebJIVE
Lost password modification was created by WebJIVE
I have a client who has 40,000 users and the login id and email address requirements for a password reset are causing lots of support requests.

Is there somewhere in the forums or can you provide some code to so that we can have it so that users only have to use their email address to request a password reset?

Thanks...

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost password modification
There's no way to turn off the username requirement. You'd need to modify the HTML display, the jQuery to handle the toggles, and the PHP that the form posts to to remove it. If a user doesn't know their username they can first request their username then they can request their password.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250717 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Lost password modification
Fair enough.. Is there some code lying around to save their login id to the same as their email when registering?

I thought there was a prior hack for this?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

9 years 6 months ago #250723 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > User Profile you can set the "Username Fallback" to "Email" and if the Username field isn't available it'll fallback to whatever the fallback is set to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250726 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Lost password modification
Hmm. don't see that option?

awesomescreenshot.com/01a3ogg413

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250741 by krileon
Ah, you're not on CB 2.0. CB 1.x doesn't have that feature. You could try using CB Auto Actions and a Field action on the after registration trigger and set Username to email substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn