Photo is not displayed on users wall

9 years 6 months ago #250935 by activha
Photo is not displayed on users wall was created by activha
Hello

Seems like photo are not displayed on users profile book but only name of the thumbnail is displayed like 57_525c0d3436fdf.png

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250942 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Photo is not displayed on users wall

activha wrote: Hello

Seems like photo are not displayed on users profile book but only name of the thumbnail is displayed like 57_525c0d3436fdf.png

Is this with CB 2.0?

Can you provide steps to replicate?

CB ProfileBook is scheduled for a rewrite and it would be good to be able to identify any CB 2.0 compatibility issues before rewrite starts.

9 years 6 months ago #250951 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Photo is not displayed on users wall
Yes this is CB 2.0 with simple upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 .

From now every wall post only includes the name of the thumbnail instead of displaying it

9 years 6 months ago #250985 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Photo is not displayed on users wall
CB ProfileBook and ProfileGallery are both very old plugins. They were due for an upgrade before CB 2.0. I'll be upgrading them soon after the major incubator projects have been upgraded (getting a lot of public pressure to get those done first, sorry), which should fix any CB 2.0 related issues with them. A complete rewrite is then planned later down the road as a new project.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 6 months ago #251036 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Photo is not displayed on users wall
OK
If you want my advice a major upgrade of CB activity with the ability to post news, video and other stuff directly from the activity tab would have the same result as a Wall.

Kind of the same move that Facebook, linked in and other did

9 years 6 months ago #251040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Photo is not displayed on users wall
That's already planned. I need to first write some API plugins. Develop CB Gallery to handle the gallery items. Then I can upgrade CB Activity with posting features. I can't however begin any new projects until I have all our plugins upgraded, which takes time; especially for plugins having known past issues (e.g. CB Connect is basically being rewritten now).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn