installed 2.0.1 and had problems ... reverted to backup and tried to reinstall 2.0.1 again .... still have probem

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251958 by IAAF
I now have access to the backend and site now works fine (as long as I'm just using JOOMLA) except anything having to do with user registration or log-in (since second attempt at installing 2.0.1 appears to have failed as well). Here is where I now stand - receiving error message in CB control panel that pluginsfiles.tgz still exists.

The message states that 'first or second installation step did not take place or did not complete - if sure that first step completed - execute second step - by clicking the link.

How do I know if first step has completed?

I see that there is a newer version available - is it advisable to just try to install 2.0.2? at this point or do I have to first install 2.0.1 without error?

I have tried searching the forums for others with same problem and found a few but none that answer the above questions. Maybe my search criteria did not hit the right stuff
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251961 by krileon
You should be able to install CB 2.0.2 fine. That only happens when core plugins fail to install for whatever reason, but you should get some sort of error message during installation if it does fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn