problems with getting new version of CB installed

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252496 by IAAF
my number one problem appears to be that I forgot to disable CB Subscriptions before adding latest version of CB (we are currently not using Subscriptions but had planned to start soon). I then disabled CB subscriptions and reinstalled CB 2.0.2 but am still having problems.

People are still having issues trying to register and there appear to be some changes in the profiles, such as name being one field (instead of 3). I have tried setting the user field in CB to 3 names (first middle last) but no chance takes place.

One problem experienced by the most people is that an error is presented: Email and verification do not match, please try again. This error is mostly displayed when user is trying to register and this prevents them from doing so. I even received this message after I was able to register and then went to view my profile (see attached photo).

Same error message is received when trying to create the user on the backend.

should '_UE_PROFILE_GALLERY' be displayed as 'Gallery' on the profile page?

Using debug - displayed around 100 pages before I ended it. There must be an issue with keys as this is the first error I see - but not sure why.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252512 by krileon
Disable all non-compatible CB plugins then retest. You could have a conflict. Your name format shouldn't have been lost and appears to be working fine in all my tests so this could just be a conflict from another plugin (e.g. if you use 3rd party CB Profile Pro). The email verification error is only thrown if the 2 email fields don't match. You can shut off the verify field by editing the email field in CB > Field Management, but you really shouldn't have to.

We removed non-core plugin language strings from the default language files. This includes the language strings for CB Profile Gallery. Once CB Profile Gallery has been upgraded it'll come with its own plugin language files to take care of that. For now you can manually add those strings to your CB language files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #252515 by IAAF
thank you so very very much - it is now working.

there were only 3 plugins that I could not 'unpublish': GroupJive en-GB, CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB and coolness.

I was able to unpublish all others and there were a lot of them.

I am using coolness so did not try to unpublish it.

How can I remove the login on the left side of the screen when presenting the registration form (see photo)?

thanks again so much!

IAAF
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #252560 by krileon
You should be able to begin enabling plugins 1 by 1 until it breaks again. This will tell you exactly what plugin is giving you problems.

How can I remove the login on the left side of the screen when presenting the registration form (see photo)?

Disable login on registration within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn