Oauth uri issues

9 years 5 months ago #253205 by bmowrey
Oauth uri issues was created by bmowrey
Likely this is an easy fix but I am having zero luck with user facebook, twitter and linkedin connect logins. All are failing on the oauth redirect. error claims that the uri differs from the api settings which it does not. Basically all redirects are simply back to the site root.
I am using URL rewriting, would that cause the error? From my research, ive seen how picky they are regarding redirect urls

view error
www.linkedin.com/uas/oauth2/authorization?response_type=code&client_id=78g62m0p8ev4ec&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Ffriendsofchuck.net%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_comprofiler%26task%3Dpluginclass%26plugin%3Dcbconnect%26action%3Dlinkedin%26func%3Daccesstoken%26format%3Draw&scope=r_basicprofile+r_emailaddress&state=7da5af6850d522ed8fccbf7d35acd848

Site: www.friendsofchuck.net
Joomla 3.3
CB 1.9 ( just upgraded a few days ago)
CBCOnnect ( not sure of rev, but included in most recent small dev install package)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Oauth uri issues
The APIs on the social sites have changed. You need CB 2.0 and latest CB Connect for it to work again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253370 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic Oauth uri issues
I see, thank you.
FWIW - not to armchair critic the process, but it is a little confusing in the downloads area, as the 2.0 is only offered as a standalone package and doesn't appear to get placed in the packager. Im sure theres a reason for this Im ignorant of, but i had the expectation that 2.0 was part of that package as opposed to the 1.9 core. regardless, thanks for getting back with me

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253419 by krileon
Our packager builder hasn't been upgraded yet. It's pretty low on the priority as we don't have all of our plugins upgraded yet, which has much higher priority. Once all our plugins are upgraded and our new JP site is launched we'll have a new package builder up with better features and CB 2.0 support.

In the mean time Nick has put together the following compatibility page to help keep up with new releases.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 5 months ago #253533 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic Oauth uri issues
I see, thank you. If I may make a suggestion as you are working on it: It gets very confusing trying to keep track of all of these items and sorting/archiving them. Perhaps a meaningful name in the final package as opposed to the user name concatenated with the randomized string. Or at least in addition to. Im sure that;d be helpful to everyone.
Thanks
Bart

9 years 5 months ago #253617 by krileon
The package name includes the Joomlapolis so you know where it came from, your Username so you know what user generated it, and the datetime so you know when it was generated. The random string is based off the IDs of the packages selected so we can handle caching of the package. Unsure what more you'd want for the filename as it's pretty long as is.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds