[SOLVED] 2.0 problems

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253537 by bmowrey
[SOLVED] 2.0 problems was created by bmowrey
Ive just finished (i hope) an exceedingly problematic upgrade.
After completely removing everything at least 5 times, including tmp folder, Im still seeing problems in the user dbs where the names haven't been copied over, though the record exists. Further, when i go to cbtools to attempt automated CB DB corrections, those processes dry run ok, but fail when initiated.

CB fields data storage database adjustments dryrun is successful. See results below.
Click here to hide details
Table #__comprofiler successfully created
CREATE TABLE `#__comprofiler` ( `cb_test` text )ENGINE=InnoDB

1050 Table 'ca_comprofiler' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `CA_comprofiler` ( `cb_test` text )ENGINE=InnoDB

If it helps, it is a new site im in process of developing so there arent a lot of users or their sub records to be concerned with should more radical steps be needed

WAMP server 2003
J 3.3
CB 2.0.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 2.0 problems
Looks like you may have used a tool to migrate, backup, or clone your database and it restored your database incorrectly. Navigate to the _comprofiler_fields database table and ensure the table columns are not "CA_" and are instead "#__". The tables should not contain the actual database prefix, but "#__" which will dynamically replace.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253726 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic 2.0 problems
In _comprofiler_fields it appears to have the correct alias so the problem must be elsewhere.

fieldid name tablecolumns table title description
54 cb_test cb_test #__comprofiler test text

Im going to remove the whole thing yet again. Not sure why this install has been so tough- every other one that ive done has been problem free.

9 years 5 months ago #253727 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic 2.0 problems- SOLVED-- CASE SENSITIVE!!!!!!
As you may have guessed from the title, it appears that CB 2.0 had a real issue with my naming the DB with a CA ( yes, capped) prefix. While it did not affect some portions of the install, the failures were indeed caused by a case sensitivity conflict. All db tools functioned properly and performed whatever necessary repairs successfully after i changed it in the Joomla prefs. I did not change that at any point previously, so other installs must have done a text filter string.lower() on all commands and perhaps that was missed in the re-write. God knows ive missed things like that plenty of times, so you'll get no criticism from me.

Im a little new to PHP etc so that begs the question of best practices. Is it an accepted standard to use lower case exclusively? I ask because I typically camelBack multi word param/var names for the sake of readability.

9 years 5 months ago #253781 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 2.0 problems- SOLVED-- CASE SENSITIVE!!!!!!
Doing a quick search on the matter and there's multiple reports of similar issues ranging from any number of extensions. Looks like table prefix doesn't fair well being capitalized. The query in the error looks completely valid though so I've no idea why it wouldn't work. Doesn't seam CB related though as the MYSQL query it self is erroring. MYSQL queries also are not case sensitive by default so this is pretty weird.

Im a little new to PHP etc so that begs the question of best practices. Is it an accepted standard to use lower case exclusively? I ask because I typically camelBack multi word param/var names for the sake of readability.

There's no 1 solution that fits all. For PHP it's typically the following.

Classes = CamelCase
Functions = camelCase
Variables = camelCase

For SQL you pretty much exclusively should be lowercase except for values or functions. Table names, column names, etc.. should all be lowercase. Use underscore for spaces to separate words instead of camelcase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253816 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic 2.0 problems- SOLVED-- CASE SENSITIVE!!!!!!
Thanks Kyle- Glad to know im not going crazy. It didn't seem like it would be a problem. However, if I can break it, I will. For the record, 1.9.1 seemed to have problems from the beginning on this install so it's possible it may have come from something else entirely: all I know is that when i changed the prefix, everything worked. There are other issues as well but ill do a different post. Apologies in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn