Another 1064 error!

9 years 4 months ago #254033 by bins
Another 1064 error! was created by bins
Seen after someobe was trying to register:

YOU HAVE AN ERROR IN YOUR SQL SYNTAX; CHECK THE MANUAL THAT CORRESPONDS TO YOUR MYSQL SERVER VERSION FOR THE RIGHT SYNTAX TO USE NEAR 'S STORTFORD%' OR CB_CITY LIKE '%HERTFORDSHIRE%' OR CB_POSTCODE LIKE '%xx xxx' AT LINE 3 SQL=SELECT * FROM x_COMPROFILER AS A LEFT JOIN x_USERS U ON U.ID = A.USER_ID WHERE U.BLOCK<>1 AND A.USER_ID <> 305 AND A.APPROVED=1 AND A.CONFIRMED=1 AND ( CB_BOROUGHTOWN LIKE '%BISHOP'S STORTFORD%' OR CB_CITY LIKE '%HERTFORDSHIRE%' OR CB_POSTCODE LIKE '%xxx xxx%') AND USER_ID NOT IN (62) LIMIT 5

Could it be the ' in '%BISHOP'S STORTFORD%'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254047 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Another 1064 error!

bins wrote: Could it be the ' in '%BISHOP'S STORTFORD%'

yup - could be the unescaped single quote in BISHOP'S

9 years 4 months ago #254084 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Another 1064 error!
What is triggering this query? CB Query Field? A userlist? A CB Auto Actions? If that's a substitution its escaping is setup incorrectly as it should be passed through the appropriate MYSQL escaping function when substituted in, but that depends entirely on where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254089 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Another 1064 error!
Some one is trying to register!!!

9 years 4 months ago #254115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Another 1064 error!
Yes, but that query is not a core query. It's coming from something. If you've CB Auto Actions enabled try disabling it and see if issue resolves. If not then disable CB Query Field if it's installed and see if that resolves it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn