CB content module not displaying properly.

9 years 3 months ago #256701 by pranaydhruv
CB content module not displaying properly. was created by pranaydhruv
I trying to use substitutions to display the CB menus on position 8 in the flexi-strap template and the following issues are happening :-

1) The icons for CB content module are not displaying.
2) 2 menu' show as link where as the 3rd I add shows the complete tab(connections) with connection names instead of instead of as a link to the profile.

Please help.

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB content module not displaying properly.

1) The icons for CB content module are not displaying.

Surround your substitutions with the following.

<div class="cb_template">
SUBSTITUTIONS HERE
</div>

Next within your module set it to load CBs template CSS.

2) 2 menu' show as link where as the 3rd I add shows the complete tab(connections) with connection names instead of instead of as a link to the profile.

It looks like you're directly substituting in the CB Connects tab. You only need to substitute in the CB Menu tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256783 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic CB content module not displaying properly.
Thanks Kyle,

i see that the icons are displaying but can look better, maybe with CSS styling for CB_content.(Refer to the new screenshot)

For the 2nd point i couldn't make out what you meant to substitute in the CB menu
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #256829 by krileon
The icons are fontawesome icons. They can be styled with any font styling you want. So they can be bigger, any color you want, etc..

For the 2nd point i couldn't make out what you meant to substitute in the CB menu

You're substituting in the Connections tab. That's what those blocks of users are. You only need to be substituting in the Menu tab (already done at the top of your module). Connections tab just isn't built for that display. If you want it substituted in regardless then you'll need to write some CSS to style it more nicely for module display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257141 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic CB content module not displaying properly.
Hello Kyle,

any hints / suggestions on how i can still substitute the connections and make them look good ?

Thanks
Pranay

9 years 3 months ago #257169 by krileon
You'll need to write CSS for it. There isn't any for display in a module.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn