[#5277] Ho to customize the 'manage connections' tabs

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 5 days ago #263952 by erichburkhard
I have to following environment: Joomla 3.4 / CB 2.0.8 / Coolness Template 3.0.1. I want to customize the 'manage connectons' tabs as follows:

1. the 'manage Actions' tab should be totally invisible
2. in the 'manage connections with me' tab the profile icons shall be visible but the 'delete button' (x) shall be removed

...I think this should be possible by modifying a css somehow....but I am not so experienced with it ....can anybody help me?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #263977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ho to customize the 'manage connections' tabs

1. the 'manage Actions' tab should be totally invisible

If this is removed then users won't be able to easily accept or deny connection requests. There's no feature available to disable it. So you'd have to either hide it with CSS (not secure, as it's still in the DOM) or edit its HTML output in comprofiler.html.php.

2. in the 'manage connections with me' tab the profile icons shall be visible but the 'delete button' (x) shall be removed

Same as #1, you'd need to use CSS or edit the HTML to remove its output. Regardless that only removes its display and does not remove the URLs functionality so if someone knows the URL they could still delete a connection.

What are you trying to do with connections that requires these changes? Maybe able to suggest a better solution based off your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 week ago #264039 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Ho to customize the 'manage connections' tabs
Hi Kyle

here are the reasons for both requirements:

1. the 'action' tab is only needed if you set up 'mutual consent' before setting up a connection between two users. But I want to let the user set up a connection without the consent of the other, so this tab makes no sense for me....for the 'old' coolness template you gave me the following css code to implement in the template.css:

put in at the end of the template.css file
#cbtabconnected,
#myCon .tab-row .tab:nth-child(1) {
display: none !important;
}

...the problem is - this code doesn't work anymore with coolness template 3.0.1

2. the 'manage connection with me' tab shows all the community members that established a connection to my profile....the problem is the following....if I let the user delete these connections....this has also an impact to the 'manage connection' tab of These users....and I don't want that a user is able to delete the 'buddies' of another user...

...so is it possible that you give me css code for both Problems ?

9 years 6 days ago #264058 by krileon

...the problem is - this code doesn't work anymore with coolness template 3.0.1

The tab structure has changed so you'd need to use the below, which will work with CB 2.x tabs.

.cbManageConnections #cbtabnavaction,
.cbManageConnections #cbtabpaneaction {
    display: none !important;
}

2. the 'manage connection with me' tab shows all the community members that established a connection to my profile....the problem is the following....if I let the user delete these connections....this has also an impact to the 'manage connection' tab of These users....and I don't want that a user is able to delete the 'buddies' of another user...

If you turn off "Cross Connections" then this won't be an issue. It only deletes the connection from both users if "Cross Connections" is being used. In the usage you're using I recommend disabling this anyway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 days ago #264084 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Ho to customize the 'manage connections' tabs
Hi Kyle

Issue 1) your CSS-code solved the problem -> the action tab disappeared :-) THANKS :-)

Issue 2) the crossconnection setting was already switched off:

...even though the cross-connection is disabled it deletes the connection from BOTH users ...can you verify this ?

regards
Attachments:

9 years 5 days ago #264116 by krileon
There's an IF statement directly in the _deleteConnection function to test for Cross Connections. If it's turned off then it won't delete both connections. Where exactly are you deleting the connection from? Also adding a connection shouldn't add it for both users either Cross Connections is disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: erichburkhard

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn