How to find the sender of unwanted mails with CB Email form ?

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #263987 by roland_d_alsace
Hi.

I have a user using the CB-mail form (CB1.9) to send unwanted emails to other members.

Is it possible to find it?
For example, is there a log file for the emails process ?

Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #263998 by krileon
We don't log outbound emails. You'll need to check with your host and have them review the outbound mail coming from your mail server. The user getting the unwanted emails should just be able to check what email address it was sent from. If it was sent from your domain then they need to check the reply-to email address as either/or will be the users email address that sent it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #264022 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon.

It's not viruses but denigration messages that are sent to members by one unique member (i suppose).

I have desactivated the CB mail system for 1 bad member that i cannot identify for banish.

Some member have spoke of this, but i haven't received the originals mails.

Is-it a CB private message plugin for wich keep messages in database ?

9 years 6 days ago #264054 by krileon
Private messages are kept in database as is required for a PMS to function. This is all handled by UddeIM. UddeIM stores the PMs to _uddeim database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn