How to migrate from CB Profile Gallery to CB Gallery

8 years 11 months ago #264537 by erichburkhard
Hi - I have already a (productive) community that runs with the old CB 1.9.1 and the 'old' CB Profile Gallery plugin (and of course there are already fotos stored in this gallery) ...now I want to upgrade my community to CB 2.0 and use the new CB Gallery.

Now what is the best strategy to 'move' the Fotos from the 'old' world to the 'new' world...

a) the easiest way is to send a mass mail to all users to upload their pictures again?

b) ...or s there a 'tool' to do the migration Task from 'old' plugin to 'new' plugin?

c) do I have to do the migration 'by hand' ? ...I saw that the 'old' pictures are under /images/comprofiler/plug_profileGallery...the new files are under
/images/plug_cbgallery ....and the old dbtable is called: jos_comprofiles_plug_profilegallery and the new dbtable is called: jos_comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items ...

...so what do you recommend? regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264542 by krileon
It automatically migrates CB Profile Gallery on install. So you basically just install it and you're done. This assumes you've no fatal errors during install (make a backup to be safe).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #264778 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic How to migrate from CB Profile Gallery to CB Gallery
Hi Kyle - I tried out this 'migration' process you described in my test environment and it seems to work BUT there is one issue......look at the following screendump:

the picture on the right hand side is a gallery image which has been created by the migration process (that means it existed already in the CB 1.9.1 environment before upgrading to CB 2.0.8 and before loading the CB Gallery plugin)...the picture on the left hand side was created after the migration via an upload of the user....as you can see the quality of the right picture is really bad (important: both pictures are based on the same original file).....is it possible that the rendering routing is not startet wenn the CB Gallery plugin is loaded?....because all the thumbnail pictures that were established by 'migration' have this bad quality....

regards Eric
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264782 by krileon
CB Gallery does not reprocess images when migrating. It straight copies them over from CB Profile Gallery. So the quality on the right is what had already existed. My guess is the thumbnail images in CB Profile Gallery were smaller than 200x200 (size of the thumbnail container), which will cause them to upscale to 200x200. Only way for better quality is to reprocess the image, which means re-uploading it. It's unreasonable for CB Gallery to do this at install as if you had a lot of images it'd just crash the server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn