Error

Please login first

CB Auto Actions

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #265047 by jacksudan
CB Auto Actions was created by jacksudan
I Have followed joomlapolis tutorial and cannot get users assigned to usergroups after registration.
any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #265054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Actions
The most basic usage is as follows.

Triggers: onAfterUserRegistration
Type: Usergroup
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Mode: Add Usergroup
Groups: Author

This and the other modes are fully tested working (just retested 5 minutes ago to re-confirm). If it's not working for you then you likely have an issue with the configuration or some sort of conflict. This will only work with CBs registration. The above trigger is for frontend usage as well (it will not work in backend without usage of backend new user trigger).

CB Auto Actions should be public and published. The action it self should also be published. Don't use any conditions for a first test as that's often the point of error. To properly debug an action enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then within your action under Parameters enable debug mode so it'll output debug messages depending on what's happening if it fails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #265060 by jacksudan
Replied by jacksudan on topic WHAT!
I mentioned that I followed the tutorial exactly as it is, I have not changed settings, its a fresh install of everything, it is published and public, and I have not changed any configuration.
There is no onAfterUserRegistration in the trigger list, (which you keep stating) so I put it in manually! When I save this changes to After Frontend Registration which baffles me!
The action is published!!!!!!
Don't use any conditions!!! How the hell will it operate without conditions!!!

I am using last release of auto actions, downloaded yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years 11 months ago #265095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic WHAT!
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. I am unable to confirm on 2 installs. Issue appears isolated to your install. Most likely a conflict of some sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #265139 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic WHAT!
It's not working because you condition will never match. You have all 3 conditions under a single action.

Condition 1: [cb_profiletype] Equal To School
Condition 2: [cb_profiletype] Equal To Student
Condition 3: [cb_profiletype] Equal To Teacher

You need 3 separate actions with each action having only 1 condition to assign each respective group. I've broken this up for you into the 3 correct usages so you can compare it to what you have now to understand why it's not working. The tutorial specifically states 3 actions as well.

"The CB Auto Action plugin available for Professional members can be easily configured to implement such a use case with the following three actions (one for each group assignment):"

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds