CB Gallery Link Video to Supporting Documents PDF, Docs, etc.

8 years 10 months ago #265559 by cbnaynay
I need to know if the user uploads a video are they able to link a supporting file like PDF for example to the video they uploaded. If so can you please provide direction thank you

Nick from CB support stated this could be done us CB Gallery which I already have installed. Can somoene please provide a "how to" solution to link user videos and supporting files like pdfs and word docs thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #265580 by krileon
Nope, even if you added the link to the description you wouldn't be able to click it as the description is just a tooltip. Best I can suggest is upload the PDF to the file gallery. Once I've redone the display of the video gallery to use a modal window like photos it might be more doable as you'd be able to add the link to the description then, but for now I don't see a very user friendly solution to what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #265593 by cbnaynay
HI Kyle - Do you have an estimated timeframe for using a modal window?

8 years 10 months ago #265596 by krileon
No, after CB Activity rewrite is Stable I'm starting the GJ upgrade. Once that's done I can release new CB Gallery and a few other plugins in addition to start new projects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #265598 by cbnaynay
Kyle are we talking 3 months, 6 months a year? Just looking for rough estimate, not going to hold you to it:)

8 years 10 months ago #265599 by krileon
3 months seams reasonable, but I've no idea how long it'll take until I dig into GJ and start fixing it. Stable CB Activity I really want released before end of this month so we'll see I guess.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn