CB Registration Error

8 years 9 months ago #267242 by Vajaro
CB Registration Error was created by Vajaro
Hi,

I'am not sure if my issue is a CB or Joomla error. I hope you can help.

If an member registers, he first receives an e-mail to confirm his e-mail address. If he clicks on the link, he is immdiately redirected to an error message which says that he has to log in or register if he wants to look at/change his profile. In my opinion he should receive an e-mail with his password. Attachments with the settings are added. Did I maybe miss a setting?

Regards,
Vajaro

Joomla 3.4.3, CB 2.0.10
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Registration Error
Please provide the confirmation URL with domain omitted. Everything seams to be working ok in my tests. If you've SEF enabled try disabling it and retry a test registration to see if the confirmation link will then function.

The confirmation page shows the following error if the user is already logged in.

'You are not authorized to view this page! You need to logout.'

It will also show the following page if the confirmation code doesn't exist, is wrong, or the user doesn't exist.

'You are not authorized to view this page! You need to log in.'

If they're seeing the profile access error then there seams to be some sort of redirect taking them away from confirmation to profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267476 by Vajaro
Replied by Vajaro on topic CB Registration Error
Hi,

Sorry for my late respond. It took a lot of investigation to solve this issue. Unfortunately I did not manage it.

Here is the url that comes with the confirmation e-mail:

www.xxxxxxx.xx/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regcb7bcaa248dd8ac925b52ac5bf67ab970ee8d979&Itemid=288

I took your advise and disabled SEF. That did not work. Then I manually confirmed and activated the member. At that moment I received an e-mail which said that the e-mail address is confirmed. Because there was no e-mail with an password I filled out a password for the testmember. Then I tried to login. That leads me to the following error:

You cannot access the private section of this site.

I checked my settings and compared them with my other website and they are the same. There are alsno no issues with my database.

I hope you have any idea what is causing this issue.

Regards,
Vajaro

8 years 9 months ago #267478 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Registration Error

Vajaro wrote: Hi,

Sorry for my late respond. It took a lot of investigation to solve this issue. Unfortunately I did not manage it.

Here is the url that comes with the confirmation e-mail:

www.xxxxxxx.xx/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regcb7bcaa248dd8ac925b52ac5bf67ab970ee8d979&Itemid=288

I took your advise and disabled SEF. That did not work. Then I manually confirmed and activated the member. At that moment I received an e-mail which said that the e-mail address is confirmed. Because there was no e-mail with an password I filled out a password for the testmember. Then I tried to login. That leads me to the following error:

You cannot access the private section of this site.

I checked my settings and compared them with my other website and they are the same. There are alsno no issues with my database.

I hope you have any idea what is causing this issue.

Regards,
Vajaro

check your joomla menu with id 288 and make sure it is PUBLIC

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn