Another CB Activity problem

8 years 9 months ago #267538 by avateamcom
Another CB Activity problem was created by avateamcom
Hey Kyle,

I just have another problem with CB Activity (3.0.0 final):

When posting a location, feeling or who am I with in "What's on your mind"-field, the additions aren't saved. only by editing the post and giving all these additional infos again, they are saved and show up at the user name as "Peter Fox hears Beatle near main station with Elvis Presley"..

Whats goin' on here?

Thanks for your help!
Best regards, Stefan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Another CB Activity problem
Additions aren't saved? Can you be more specific? The main textarea of "What's on your mind?" is required. You can't submit a status post without it. For the Location feature the "Where are you?" input is required while "Have the address to share?" is optional (allows mapping). Appears to be working fine in all my tests. Where specifically is this an issue?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267596 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Another CB Activity problem

krileon wrote: Additions aren't saved? Can you be more specific? The main textarea of "What's on your mind?" is required. You can't submit a status post without it. For the Location feature the "Where are you?" input is required while "Have the address to share?" is optional (allows mapping). Appears to be working fine in all my tests. Where specifically is this an issue?

Works ok on my tests also.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267611 by avateamcom
Replied by avateamcom on topic Another CB Activity problem
Hi Kyle, hi Nick,

thank you for tests! I'll try to explain with screenshots of what I did. Please see attachment.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work here. Of course, I filled in a message-text, without that, the send-button is grayed out anyway..

Best regards,
Stefan

PS: With "Feel" its the same, "buddy" and link work..
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #267612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Another CB Activity problem
So the Action and Location are the only ones doing this? Strange. Please ensure you've latest CB 2.x nightly below as we did fix some input caching issues that maybe able to affect this.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Once upgraded and confirmed issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as I'm not able to confirm in any of my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267618 by avateamcom
Replied by avateamcom on topic Another CB Activity problem
Hello Kyle,

I installed pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.10.ci.2015.07.14.00.20+4bf2f311a.zip, deleted all caches, but no change.. :/

as said, after editing the post, it works...

I'll send you the login-data per pm..
there you can test this behaviour.
Thanks for help!!

Regards,
Stefan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn