Skip to Content Skip to Menu

RE: Table Listing & GroupJive

• Fuquan
  • Fuquan
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #269164 by Fuquan
RE: Table Listing & GroupJive was created by Fuquan
Hi,

Just two quick questions.

1) The "Members List" feature is it possible to have the list display in Table mode showing something like a column for "STATUS" (indicating color for active and inactive) and a "CONNECTIONS" while it is formatted with a light bordered frame around each row listing? I noticed this on some template "Joomsocial II" demo so wondered if there is a way to get the same effect in code without purchasing that template.

2) I know you probably are working hard on it but is the upgrade for GroupJive available yet? And if so could we get a preview of any new features to expect with it! Believe it or not I am actually stalling my site pending the birth of the new GroupJive as the old verson is good but I look forward to an update version so it works harmoniously with everything else.

Ooops almost forgot to add: The Community Builder "LOGIN" Module has it been changed as the template I saw had a different Login Module with small picture icons in square frames and a larger frame for the actual login module etc. or have I missed something when setting up the look and feel of the login module?

Thanks Fuquan
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Fuquan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 9 months ago #269168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: Table Listing & GroupJive

1) The "Members List" feature is it possible to have the list display in Table mode showing something like a column for "STATUS" (indicating color for active and inactive) and a "CONNECTIONS" while it is formatted with a light bordered frame around each row listing? I noticed this on some template "Joomsocial II" demo so wondered if there is a way to get the same effect in code without purchasing that template.

Userlists have 2 modes. Grid and Table based. Table based is the default. You can have as many columns as you want, but it can only fit a maximum column count of 12 (e.g. 2 6 column counts hits that limit), but extra columns will just overflow to a second row so really there's no limit.

How it is style is entirely up to you though. You can certainly add CSS to give it a border if you want.

2) I know you probably are working hard on it but is the upgrade for GroupJive available yet? And if so could we get a preview of any new features to expect with it! Believe it or not I am actually stalling my site pending the birth of the new GroupJive as the old verson is good but I look forward to an update version so it works harmoniously with everything else.

No, it's not done yet. I've the core code almost 100% upgraded though. Working no the Notifications then I've Group Message feature to redo. Next I'll be rewriting each integration. I'll be implementing migration code so you don't have to wait as it'll migrate a 2.7 install fine once I've written the code for that (will be last).

As far as new stuff it's not really getting a ton of new stuff. Mostly polishing existing features and making them more reliable is the focus. It's actually losing features to improve its usability and performance (e.g. Nested groups and categores are gone, category creation is backend only, etc..).

See the below forge for details of progress and what to expect.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/groupjive/issues

Ooops almost forgot to add: The Community Builder "LOGIN" Module has it been changed as the template I saw had a different Login Module with small picture icons in square frames and a larger frame for the actual login module etc. or have I missed something when setting up the look and feel of the login module?

With CB 2.x the login module has been redesigned to fit in with Joomla better. It nearly 1:1 matches Joomla login module with a few exceptions as CB has some features Joomlas doesn't. It comes with a default layout for Joomla 2.x (default) and Joomla 3.x (bootstrap). They're designed to fit in with Joomla default templates and since it supports layouts (just for our modules only) you can provide a custom layout to fit your template better.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon