[SOLVED] Impossible to login

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270179 by HowardTheDuck
[SOLVED] Impossible to login was created by HowardTheDuck
Hi Guys,
hope you are all doing good.
I have a problem logging in users to our site. I am speaking about old users (alredy registered) that can log for once, and then cannot log anymore (Please log in or register to view or modify your profile. ).

I mus have messed up something (possibly the plans setup) a few weeks ago. But for what I see...everything is ok. Can you please help? No user can access the site anymore (not even myself with Super user privileges, only in backend...).

Thank you
Cristiano

p.s. I have tried to open a ticket but your server reports an error "Forbidden,,,," If you want my log and credential to login, please let me know how can I proceed. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Impossible to login
Check your users usergroups within CB > User Management and ensure their usergroups are valid (e.g. should be Registered at least). If it says only "Public" then something is misconfigured (could be an action in CB Auto Actions to change their usergroup or bad registration usergroup setting). If their usergroups look ok check "Profile View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > User Profile to ensure it's something they can access (e.g. Public or Registered).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270200 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Impossible to login
Hi Kyle,
yes usergroups under User Management are correct. And User Profile as well. Setted to allow access to all Registered Users. Any other idea?

Thanks!

8 years 7 months ago #270215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Impossible to login
If you've CB Auto Actions installed then disable it as maybe an incorrectly configured action is causing problems. That error is only thrown when trying to view a profile when the user has no access to profiles. So it happening at login makes no sense unless a redirect is happening before the login has completed. Please ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page or at least a public and published menu item to CBs login page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270243 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Impossible to login
Hi Kyle,
after hours of investigation I understood the problem was caused by a plugin handling cookies (you know, for the crazy new EU requirement). Eventually that pluging was causing some sort of conflict on certain pages/login module.

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn