RE: Seeing TWO LOGIN PROMPTS when you accidentally do not use the "LOGOUT" button!

8 years 7 months ago #270629 by Fuquan
Hi,

I guess this is an old issue (as I have seen some posts from CB 1x days) but the solution is not clear in these posts hence why I am asking it here.

The issue is when you accidentally get thrown out or disconnect the browser window or even simply include an internal page name to the normal URL in the browser when trying to reach the site you will end up being redirected to a LOGIN page that has DOUBLE Login Prompts (see attachment).

The URL should take you to: the page www.xxxx/member-login
But instead it routes you to a page of: wwww.xxxx/comprofiler/login

Thus, would anyone have a clear handle on what needs to be set/changed/fixed/done or something I have overlooked on this issue? The issue has been there since CB has been installed just that we never prioritized it but I figured it is best one gets to the bottom of it now. The only login module being used is that of CB as Joomla (and other 3rd party components with login modules) have all been long disabled.

Thanks
Fuquan
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270634 by krileon
One is your module and one is the login page. You can possibly stop this from happening by editing your module and excluding it from displaying on a menu item to CBs login form.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270648 by Fuquan
Dear Kyle,

Thanks a million for the prompt response. You were spot on again as on deeper inspection I found two CB modules the only difference was that one was a "Copy" and escaped us because each time we looked we focus on the "description" where we clearly state DO NOT TOUCH CB Module. Thus, we somehow never noticed it till now.

Thanks and do have a nice day!

Oh if you do not mind me asking "How is the update of GROUPJIVE coming? Are we expecting it soon?

Thanks

8 years 7 months ago #270665 by krileon

Oh if you do not mind me asking "How is the update of GROUPJIVE coming?

Core is entirely rewritten with about, events, file, and video integration rewrites done. To keep up with progress you can check our forge below as I update it each time a integration rewrite is completed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/groupjive/issues

Are we expecting it soon?

Yes, at most end of next month, but appears to be moving a long a lot faster than that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn