PAYPAL ADVANCED vs PAYPALPRO

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270807 by shrivapr
PAYPAL ADVANCED vs PAYPALPRO was created by shrivapr
Hello

I am in the UK, managing a small club website. We charge members £30 per annum for membership and have been doing so for 3-4 years. I have just implemented a new website and installed cbsubs 4.0.1 as part of our overhaul of the website. Our PAYPAL account has been live since 2009 and being used successfully with the previous website.

I am confused about PAYPAL ADVANCED vs PAYPAL PRO. PAYPAL ADVANCED is "legacy" in the UK and PAYPAL PRO is service live in the UK. developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/payflow-gateway/

I would like to understand/find documentation from you regarding the settings required to make PRO work (the existing documentation is not in line with the fields on 4.0.1).

Please help - this is urgent!
Thanks
P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270818 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PAYPAL ADVANCED vs PAYPALPRO
PayPal Advanced allows you to accept payments on-site by rendering a PayPal payment form directly on-site. It does this by using an iframe, but I'm pretty sure they're deprecating his in favor of some newer APIs.

PayPal Pro allows you to accept payments directly on site without anyone even knowing it's PayPal. This is done by using PayPal API and allowing PayPal to handle the payment processing where your form just submits the credit card data to PayPals API endpoints. You need to be using HTTPS and a valid SSL certificate for this.

For the best experience that users are already familiar with I recommend just using PayPal standard to be honest. Most people are highly skeptical of using their credit card data on random sites and prefer to go through a known gateway like PayPal (there are some exceptions of course, but they're not the majority).

See "CBSubs GPL 4.0 Documentation" for further configuration and usage information. The gateway it self also explains some of its configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn