[#5594] The chosen language changes during the registration process

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272028 by erichburkhard
My website is implemented in English and German as well. I have Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.X. The test scenario is as follows:

1. New user switches the website language to English --> whole website swiches to English
2. ...user completes the registration form of the website --> after this, he will get an activation email sent to his mailbox. This email is written in English (this is correct)
3. ...user clicks on the activation link which is in this email he has received.
4. ...user gets a confirmation email sent to his mailbox to inform him that the account is active now. THE PROBLEM: this confirmation email is ALWAYS written in German. (allthough there is an English translation available in the file for the corresponding string)

my question: why does the language change in the middle of the registration flow...is this a bug or do I have to do some settings somewhere?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272832 by beat
As you are a Developer member, I'm moving this thread to the priority support Developer member area for next business day attention.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 6 months ago #272861 by krileon
When the user clicks the confirmation link what is the language on-site? It's likely German if that's the default language as the confirmation email doesn't contain a language tag.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #272924 by erichburkhard
Yes the default language of the site is German as you said ....and there is definitely no language tag in the confirmation email....so I understand now that the reply is always in German....But: Is it planned to implement this 'requirement' in a future release ...because from my point of view it makes sense?

regards

8 years 5 months ago #272951 by krileon
Please make the below change and see if your issue persists.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbNotification.php
ON: Line 528
$confirmLink		=	$_CB_framework->rawViewUrl( 'confirm', false, array( 'confirmcode' => $row->cbactivation ) );
TO:
$confirmLink		=	$_CB_framework->viewUrl( 'confirm', false, array( 'confirmcode' => $row->cbactivation ) );

This will allow the confirmation link to pass through SEF, which may cause Joomla to append the language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273093 by erichburkhard
Hi kyle ....works great :-) ...is it possible to implement this patch into future versions of CB ? regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn