Tax Question

8 years 6 months ago #272567 by cagoffice
Tax Question was created by cagoffice
Hello,

I noticed that as I am doing tests, the taxes that I programmed are not showing up on my bills/invoices.

Could it be because the "province" field is just a text field on the application and anyone can spell it however they want. It's not a dropdown?

For example, I have a tax rule for Ontario, Canada. But someone could wrote "ON". What triggers CBSubs to recognize the geo area from the persons profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272614 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tax Question
Provinces for Canada are a dropdown. CBSubs calculates its tax based off the invoice address, which the user can change/specify on the basket page. You could make the invoice address mandatory within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices to force them to complete the invoice address fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272615 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Tax Question
Right now, our invoices are pulling the address information from the registration fields.

Would I set it up the province field like this?

If so, what if the person is not from Canada? Could I have a text field for "other" or something maybe?
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #272618 by krileon
You won't be able to synchronize 2 different fields to CBSubs unless you do the synchronization probably with CB Auto Actions. You'd then need to use CB Conditionals to show a text input if the other option is selected. Best option is probably to have a CB Query Field and its Query Select fieldtype to query for the provinces directly from CBSubs so they can select one that directly matches CBSubs. Example of this usage as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/230586-cb-field-select-country?start=6#268337

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272622 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Tax Question
I guess I should start with a more basic question- how do I set up state/province drop downs and country fields? Was my screen shot above okay for the province/state drop down?

The country drop down will have to be programmed as you have it edit.front.invoice file? That might take me a while as I have to copy and paste each country in there.

8 years 6 months ago #272633 by krileon

I guess I should start with a more basic question- how do I set up state/province drop downs and country fields? Was my screen shot above okay for the province/state drop down?

You either need to manually setup the select fields or use CB Query Field and its Query Select fieldtype to generate a dropdown of countries and/or provinces from CBSubs database tables.

The country drop down will have to be programmed as you have it edit.front.invoice file? That might take me a while as I have to copy and paste each country in there.

The value synchronized from CB must match the value CBSubs expects otherwise it won't work. See my above reply to automatically generate a select dropdown from CBSubs own database tables to ensure it's exactly the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds