[#5603] Birthday registration problem cb_birthday

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273341 by Matsalban
Hi,
I have a problem with the cb_birthday field plugin. I would like that the registering user has to fill out the birthday field during the registration process. Therefor I activated the calendar drop down function so that the user is able to choose a certain date. But what happens is that the user is still able to type any kind of numbers or even just a single "0" into that field.

How can I have a single calender drop down only field there instead of a combined calender plus empty entry field.
I have to add that I am using the third option from all three given at the general settings. That is the one where you have a single empty entry field plus the calender icon. The other two options do block the entry of any numbers or even letters. The third option allows the entry of numbers but without the proove of fully given date numbers.

The problem is that once a user has the chance to type in whatever he wants I receive a total wrong data that is written into the database. Even a "0" leads to 0000-00-00 instead of a single "0".

Also is there a chance that I can at least let the fields be approved via the Ajax plugin so that at least the user needs to fill in something alike: 1999-12-12 even though that wouldn`t make sence but at least it is not a wrong number and letter combination.

Either solution would help me allready a lot.

I hope you understand what i mean and am looking forward for your help.
Best

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #273369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Birthday registration problem cb_birthday
There's no calendar only option, but it'd be a good feature to have. For now I recommend just using the dropdown usage with calendar to avoid user input. There's no inputmasking on it so if they don't supply a date in the needed format it'll store as 0000-00-00.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5603

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn