Cb Profile Book Rating

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273425 by bravostreet
Cb Profile Book Rating was created by bravostreet
Dear Joomlapolis,

I have two questions:

1- reading forum I found that it is impossible to order search results by CB ratings stars but only for hints,name etc. Do You confirm for the current CB 2.0.12 also? Is there an alternative solution? We'd like to get a rating system similar (but more simple) to Tripadvisor/Booking. Could You suggest any kind of solution?

2- I plugged My Maps location from Joomunited and I'd like to integrate results from search with rating stars from Community Builder (CB rating from CB ProfileBook). I asked to Joomunited staff and They reply me:
"First of all please contact with them so ask for api they are using for rating system
any developer ducument for integration from them will help us a lot and we will implement that for you.
"
What can I do in respect to Your right about API? Is there an update document to send to Joomunited Staff?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #273445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb Profile Book Rating

1- reading forum I found that it is impossible to order search results by CB ratings stars but only for hints,name etc. Do You confirm for the current CB 2.0.12 also? Is there an alternative solution? We'd like to get a rating system similar (but more simple) to Tripadvisor/Booking. Could You suggest any kind of solution?

CB 2.x has built in rating fields, which you can sort on. I've no idea if this will work for CB ProfileBook rating field though, but it's unlikely. You may want to try using a rating fieldtype instead or using Advanced sorting to sort with a custom database query to calculate their CB ProfileBook rating.

2- I plugged My Maps location from Joomunited and I'd like to integrate results from search with rating stars from Community Builder (CB rating from CB ProfileBook). I asked to Joomunited staff and They reply me:
"First of all please contact with them so ask for api they are using for rating system
any developer ducument for integration from them will help us a lot and we will implement that for you.
"
What can I do in respect to Your right about API? Is there an update document to send to Joomunited Staff?

To render a field outside of CB you need to use getFields API to retrieve the field from CB. See the below regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18361-obtaining-field-values-through-getfields-api

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278076 by bravostreet
Replied by bravostreet on topic Cb Profile Book Rating
About question #1 I didn't found solution yet, about question #2 I get official support from Joomunited (My Maps location) after Your suggestions and I found a solution with a component customization.

Thanks

8 years 2 months ago #278086 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb Profile Book Rating

About question #1 I didn't found solution yet

A regular rating field can be sorted. You'd simply edit your userlist and under Sorting select Basic if not already selected then select your rating field. For CB ProfileBook you'd have to write an Advanced sorting query against the _comprofiler_plug_profilebook database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn