Add new users automatically to the free plan.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275299 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Add new users automatically to the free plan.
Dear Kyle,

I tried as per your suggestion and tested, and tried to upgrade from free plan to the next available plan and i see the attached screenshot, which is okay with me, but to a user this will be very confusing.Please suggest if there is a way out of this ?

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add new users automatically to the free plan.
Child plans are contained under the their parent. That's just how they display. As for the rounded template, it doesn't look so great on your site (note Rounded was designed for Joomlapolis and provided as an example).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275335 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

Without the rounded template the free plan text still shows above the next plan.
Also to test i set the duration of the plan to 5 mins to see the effect of the plan expiring, but even after the plan expires the user is still able to send connection request.So the duration part of the plans is not working.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 4 months ago #275345 by krileon

Without the rounded template the free plan text still shows above the next plan.

That can be hidden using CSS. Each plan has quite a few CSS classes and a unique class or id attached to its container. You can find these classes/ids by right clicking and inspecting element on them.

Also to test i set the duration of the plan to 5 mins to see the effect of the plan expiring, but even after the plan expires the user is still able to send connection request.So the duration part of the plans is not working.

Duration on what? The free plan? To protect connection requests you need to protect the URL to send a connection request using By URL Part protection as seen below.

option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275367 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

The duration of free plan is lifetime as it should not expire. and that is the plan every user returns to once paid subscription ends. However the paid subscription have a set duration and once this duration expires they should become free members and all the features of a free member should then come into force. (i see now it did expire but not quite in 5 minutes, i will test it in a few more scenarios and confirm back)

i tried the following Classes to be hidden using CSS but it gets hidden on all views, even when the user is subscribing to a free plan :-

.captionCell.cbregName{
font-size:0px;
}
.gPlanStatus.cbregPlanStatus_default{
}
.cbregValExp {
}
Thanks
Pranay

8 years 4 months ago #275384 by krileon

The duration of free plan is lifetime as it should not expire.

You need to ensure CBSubs is configured to create subscriptions for free lifetime plans. This is configured in CBSubs > Settings > Global.

However the paid subscription have a set duration and once this duration expires they should become free members and all the features of a free member should then come into force.

As the free plan is the parent plan they will always have the free plan and its features.

i tried the following Classes to be hidden using CSS but it gets hidden on all views, even when the user is subscribing to a free plan :-

Each plan has a unique ID attached to its container div. Specifically it's cbregProduct_PLAN_ID_HERE. See the below example.
#cbregProduct_18 > .cbRegNameDesc > .cbregName {
    display: none;
}

The above specifically paths to the plan name of plan id 18 and hides it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn