Issues with CRONs

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275144 by cagoffice
Issues with CRONs was created by cagoffice
We are trying to setup a cron job using wget on a Cpanel server.
The URL we are trying to use is the one provided
www.cag-acg.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=cronprocesssendmailqueue&key=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e&format=raw
The URL is too long to run as a single command. The & signs break the script and it tries to run multiple scripts due to the &.
Is there anyway you can setup a cron.php file with the commands we need to execute?
We can just call the cron.php file and it will run all necessary scripts.

We found this on one of the Cpanel forums:
forums.cpanel.net/threads/php-cron-job-with-url-parameters-moved.50237/

Got it to work by parsing the arguments to the file like this:
php /home/public_html/mysite/index.php var1=value1 var2=value2
Just in case someone has the same problem!

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275428 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Issues with CRONs
How is this one showing [SOLVED]? I never heard back?

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275450 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issues with CRONs
Because you edited your post with the following.

Got it to work by parsing the arguments to the file like this:
php /home/public_html/mysite/index.php var1=value1 var2=value2
Just in case someone has the same problem!

I assume this means it's solved. We can't help you with CRON setup. You need to contact your host for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275451 by cagoffice
Oh sorry I had just copied and pasted that ticket from our IT guys. I have emailed them to see if they need anything else.

8 years 4 months ago #275459 by cagoffice
That response was from the example he found. We did not solve anything. We need help to create these variables.

Let me know! Thanks!

8 years 4 months ago #275464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issues with CRONs
We can not help you with setting up CRON. The parameters available are already present in the URL (starting with "option"). You need to contact your host for CRON usage on their hosting environment. Some hosts have tools in their web panel to help with this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds