[SOLVED] Uddeim: "You have no new private messages" CB2.0.12

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275217 by bcraigie
I just upgraded CB from 1.9 to 2.0.12 and re-uploaded the UddeIM component and plugins (3.7). Now, in the CB Login module, I always see the text "You have no new private messages" even though I do have unread messages. Also, the link behind that text points to cb-profile/userprofile whereas before it pointed directly to the UddeIM private messages page.

I have disabled the plugin "Private Message System" and enabled "Private Messaging System (uddeIM PMS)" but it makes no difference.

I read that PMS system needs to be set in Configuration -> Integration (presumably in CB) but there is no mention of PMS in there.

Any suggestions how to get it to show the correct number of unread messages there, and to get the link to point to the Uddeim Inbox ?

This is on Joomla 2.5 - not quite ready to go to 3.x yet, but it is planned for very soon in the new year.

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275243 by krileon
Uninstall the CB plugin included with UddeIM then publish "Private Message System" included with CB it self. Nothing more needs to be configured in CB. In UddeIM configuration under the Integration tab you may want to configure some functionality to integrate with CB though (e.g. "Use profile links").

This is on Joomla 2.5 - not quite ready to go to 3.x yet, but it is planned for very soon in the new year.

Please note Joomla 2.x is EOL (end-of-life) and can't guarantee what may or may not work on it. I personally do not test Joomla 2.x anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275293 by bcraigie
Thanks. I did that, but sorry to say that made no difference. The CB Login module still says there are no private messages (when there are) and the link still points to the user profile, not the messages.

I have now upgraded to Joomla 3.4.5 and still have the problem. Anything else I can do?

Thanks

Brian

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275322 by krileon
Ensure you've a Joomla menu item to UddeIM inbox as its Itemid will be used for the URL. Without it it could be using the wrong Itemid and not link properly if SEF is enabled. Beyond that I don't know what to suggest. With CB 2.x the Private Message System plugin was rewritten to strictly use UddeIM API. We directly call a UddeIM function to return the unread count. If you've any further issue please post to the below UddeIM forums.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275362 by bcraigie
Thank you. It is very strange, it works ok on my test site, but not the live site. I'm trying to see what the differences are. At least for now, the UddeIM notifier module is working on both sites. If I find a solution, I'll post back to give a conclusion to the thread, but I'll seek any further help on the Uddeim forum. :-)

8 years 4 months ago #275382 by krileon
The counting ignores deleted, archived, read, and delayed PMs. Maybe you're viewing the archived PMs? Try sending a PM to 1 user from another user then login as that other user and see if the count shows 1 unread PM. Please also ensure Private Message System within CB > Plugin Management is both published and public.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn