Mass importation of profiles in CB and CBsubs

8 years 4 months ago #275927 by activha
Hello

We would like to mass import about 600 customers from a CRM database to CB and CB subs

Provided that we structure the csv file according to Comprofiler table, is it ok to do so by mysql import ?

What about the passwords ? would they be automatically generated if we choose CB setting accordingly ?

Can we set their userid from a defined number ? say starting from number 4000 and up ?

Then if we set them all to a XX group can we import them all in a CB subs plan ?

Thanks for help on this
and happy new year eve :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275946 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass importation of profiles in CB and CBsubs
I would import the users themselves using CB Juice then import any subscriptions you need using CBSubs import. I don't really recommend direct database additions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #276145 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Mass importation of profiles in CB and CBsubs
I am testing CB juice however we have several triggers occurring when a user subscribes to the website and it does not seem that CB juice activate any of them.

For instance we have OnAfterUserRegistration that triggers a code to automatically register our user to PAP affiliation program.

What trigger could I use when the recently uploaded user logs in to have the same behavior from the front end ?

thanks

8 years 3 months ago #276159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass importation of profiles in CB and CBsubs
I don't know if CB Juice fires triggers or has an option to do so. It mostly likely directly does ->store without firing any triggers so you won't be able to act on the imports and will need to manually run your actions. Using an action that acts on the internal users trigger you can run the internal users url that will parse through all your users and fire your action on them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn