Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275976 by edmundcheong
Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site was created by edmundcheong
Is it possible to create an Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site?

Both sites have the same user credentials. And i am also the owner of the other site. I have access to joomla admin, DB and server.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275992 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site
You'd need to be able to generate a session for them on your other Joomla site. Joomla as far as I am aware has no RESTful API to do this from an external request. You'd have to develop a component that can do that then send a request to it from CB Auto Actions. It's significantly more trouble than it's worth to be honest as you're doubling the complication of session management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275997 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site
Thanks Kyle.. was trying to see if I could use the auto action to create a single sign on for joomla on multiple sites.

By any chance do you know of a way to do it?

Btw, happy new year.. ;)

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #276005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action to Auto Login another Joomla site
I don't think Joomla has anything for that (CB doesn't for sure). CB Connect may eventually be able to do that in the future, but I've no idea if it's even possible at this point without rewrites to our login process.

To login on 2 sites at the same time you need the cookies for both to be generated and their session data inserted into both at the same time. I suppose you could manually setup a session row insert using a Query action, but I've no idea if that'll work. The cookie you could try generating with PHP, but I highly doubt any of this is going to work without actually using the API calls on the individual sites (thus needing a REST API to call).

In short I don't think it's doable without heavy custom coding. Better option would be to put both sites on the same database then use templates and menu items to try and have them look completely different. There could also be an extension on the JED that can help with this, but am not aware of any.

Btw, happy new year.

Happy New Year! :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn