[SOLVED] CB not sending emails at all

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276815 by sarah963
[SOLVED] CB not sending emails at all was created by sarah963
Hi there

I have just installed CB a few days ago and I like it so far.

I have contact forms and other forms that send emails with no problem through cMandrill. However, CB is not sending any email whatsoever. When I tried to send Mass Mail in the "user management" area, I got this error:
Error sending email: SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Missing internal data in the header. Message discarded. SMTP code: 550

My joomla! version is the latest to this date, that is 3.4.8
CB is also the latest: 2.0.12

Any help with this is much appreciated

Sarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276833 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not sending emails at all
CB uses whatever mailer configuration you have set within Joomla global configuration. We have no integration or support for cMandrill. Based off the error seams like the mailer is set to SMTP and maybe incorrectly configured or your mail server is rejecting the email for whatever reason (check mailer logs or contact host if you don't have access to mailer logs).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276875 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic CB not sending emails at all
Yup you are right..
CB is not to blame ,,
It's my stupidity :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I forgot to enable SMTP authentication ,,,

Thanks for you reply ,,it lead me to my error..
Now everything is working perfectly ,, :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn