[SOLVED] How to override custom tabs, fields, values etc.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277886 by bravostreet
Dear Joomlapolis,

I've installed CB with primary language italian and second english. Now, I'm trying to translate some tabs (cbtabnav) like some personalized in profile and some fields (cblabcbfv) and relative values cbfv or some connectiontype cbf in manage connection page etc. etc.

I've already installed it-It and gb-GB, I've already tried the beta override plug in (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227556-cb-language-override-video-tutorial-resources) but I can't solve the matter because I can't find strings to change.

Thanks for Your help.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277890 by krileon
You can use language strings for tab titles, field titles, and field option labels (if a select type). Example as follows.

Tab Title: MY_TAB_TITLE_1
Language String:
'MY_TAB_TITLE_1' => 'My Tab',

See the below for language usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

Be sure to follow the links on the above page in addition to reviewing your CB 2.0 Primer Book for language usage information. Language files can be found at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/

Additionally you could use a language override plugin found below, but it's a but iffy whether it'll work properly or not due to plugin load order.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227556-cb-language-override-video-tutorial-resources

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277905 by bravostreet
Replied by bravostreet on topic How to override custom tabs, fields, values etc.
Overriding words seems to be ok but I cannot translate value fields yet; is there a special language strings for those?

Values I need translate come from a cb Drop Down (Single Select) profile field required during sign up procedure also.

Thanks

8 years 2 months ago #277912 by krileon
You can't translate values. You need to translate the Label. if you don't have a Label specified then add one as a language string and then add a language translation for that string. If you're using [FIELD_NAME] substitutions you need to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] to get the translated value as [FIELD_NAME] is always raw value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278075 by bravostreet
Replied by bravostreet on topic How to override custom tabs, fields, values etc.
I translated Labels according to Your suggestion. There are some overrides in progress (like Cb activity where I read in an other topic the multi language problem).

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn