Auto action login/logout

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277950 by edmundcheong
Auto action login/logout was created by edmundcheong
I have tested the auto action login / logout.. manage to log users out if it meets cwrtain conditions.. but what is the login auto action for? Does this auto logs in the user?

For what scenarios or use case can this auto action be utilise for..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action login/logout
It automatically logs them in. It's usage scenario is whatever scenario you can fit it in. CB Auto Actions is simply a tool. Its usecases are whatever you can think up. One example is being able to login immediately after registration (assuming you don't have confirmation or approval enabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 2 months ago #277958 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Auto action login/logout
For example, after registration if the conditions are met, i can auto login the user by just using the cb substitution of [username] to login the user?

Or another example, if the username parameter is the admin's username, it will login as the admin? Meaning i can make the a user to also lovin as another user using this auto action?

8 years 2 months ago #277964 by krileon

For example, after registration if the conditions are met, i can auto login the user by just using the cb substitution of [username] to login the user?

Yes.

Or another example, if the username parameter is the admin's username, it will login as the admin? Meaning i can make the a user to also lovin as another user using this auto action?

Sure, but I don't recommend doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 2 months ago #277966 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Auto action login/logout

krileon wrote:

Yes.

Sure, but I don't recommend doing that.

Understood on the 2nd, option, i would not do that either.. :evil:

Okay one last question.. just to ensure that my auto action parameter is not missing anything.. there are no password parameter right? Only username is enough to login the user right?

8 years 2 months ago #277968 by krileon
No password is needed for the login action. You only need the username or email depending on the method selected.

Also added a feature ticket to let it function off user id as there's quite a few triggers that only provide an id (plan is to add more ID usecases to various actions).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn