[SOLVED] single checkbox

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278136 by sarah963
[SOLVED] single checkbox was created by sarah963
Hi

I want to add about 5 check boxes in my registration form to have users consent on the use of their personal information before they hit the "Sign up" button.
Unfortunately I have been pulling my hair in the last week on how to go about this..

First, I tried checkbox (multiple), but it does not allow me to add a long paragraph.
I tried terms and conditions field, but I could not get rid of of the phrase "I agree on the terms and conditions above"
Lastly, i tried the checkbox (single), but I did not know where to add the text of the consent that comes after the checkbox...
unless i use the lable (i,e, title) to add that looong paragraph that state the consent term, the text will show on the left of the checkbox and it will look ugly in the "field management" list

I was thinking, maybe I can use substitutions in the "Registration Value Layout", but gain did not know how to do it ,,
oh, I tried it but the checkbox disappeared in the registration form .. :unsure:

The answer could be simple, but unfortunately it is not in my reach in the mean time,,
please help,

Thanks
Sarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic single checkbox
Use the Terms and Conditions fieldtype. It's specifically designed for usages like this. The old alternative used to be a multi-checkbox with only one value and you'd supply your string as the label using either a language string or adding the string directly to the label parameter of the option.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 2 months ago #278166 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic single checkbox
Thanks Kyle

Is there a way to get rid of "I agree to the above terms and conditions" phrase next to the checkbox?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278174 by sarah963
Oh, nevermind I found it in the language plugin,,

I was searching for "I agree to the above terms and conditions" instead of "I agree to the above" all last week..

I will go ahead and add it the language override.

Thanks Kyle

8 years 2 months ago #278180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic single checkbox

Is there a way to get rid of "I agree to the above terms and conditions" phrase next to the checkbox?

You can change whether it shows "terms and conditions" or something else. It basically says "I agree to the above [type]". Type is specified within Parameters > Display of your terms and conditions field. It could be "I agree to the above conditions" or "I agree to the above privacy terms", etc.. legally it should be a clear-cut "I agree to.." type usage so it'd be good to ensure it's clear what they're agreeing to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 2 months ago #278181 by sarah963
Great. thanks :)

One last question,
I am trying to make the check box and the iFrame show next to each other,, inline.

The checkbox is inside a "span" tag and the iFrame is inside "div" tag

If I use the span's class name to style it with CSS, it will affect all other check boxes in the registration form..
How can I assign another class name to that particular span other than "cbSnglCtrlLbl"

Assigning a CSS class inside the field management will only assign a class name to the parent div that contain the iFRame and and checkbox and it's label

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.687 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn