CBSubs protected plans visible

8 years 2 months ago #278186 by ksaltman
CBSubs protected plans visible was created by ksaltman
I have CBSubs 4.0.1 on my CB 2.0.13 site with some plans I've selected Access Level and Access Group for only a handful of users.

However when a user goes to signup for a new account the subscription option is shown during the sign up process even though the user is not yet logged in.

What do I need to do to allow only certain user groups to see a plan during the upgrade process?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278191 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs protected plans visible
The plan will always show during the registration process unless you specifically tell it not to show during registration. This is done by setting "Allow registration" to "No" under the Workflows tab of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278203 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic CBSubs protected plans visible
Thanks for the quick response. I just now figured that out. Turning the registration off hides it during the initial sign up.

Now what happening is when I manage my subscription of a user that is in the proper User Group, the plan shows, but when I click on the Upgrade button it just loops back and shows the subscriptions page again, doesn't move to the payment screen.

Any clue?

8 years 2 months ago #278217 by krileon
Sounds like you've an External Joomla menu item to your CBSubs plans page. Edit your menu item and set its menu type to Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Paid Subscription. That should avoid the itemid looping issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278219 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic CBSubs protected plans visible
That is the way it is setup. The menu item is CB Plugin/ CB Paid Subscriptions.

8 years 2 months ago #278220 by krileon
If you migrated from CB 1.x ensure all CB menu items have proper menu type. Disable SEF entirely then retry and see what Itemid it's using. You should have a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page as well (this is mandatory). If issue persists switch to default Joomla protostar template then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and retest to see if any errors are output.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn