Mutiple Gallery Tabs

8 years 2 months ago #278981 by globalgridfree
Mutiple Gallery Tabs was created by globalgridfree
I am wondering how to make new gallery tabs for the user profile

using the function of having files,video,photo and music showing in the same tab,

having multiple tabs for the gallery, to utilize the privacy function,

friends tab
co-workers tab
etc

each tab would be able to use the privacy function from the profile,
the user would then put there friends files in the friends tab.

unless there is some way to choose per file,video,photo and music when uploaded?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mutiple Gallery Tabs
The galleries are not unique per tab. If you've 2 tabs showing photos they'll both show the same photos. Next release is actually removing this functionality. There will be the following tabs.

Gallery (can show all the galleries under 1 tab)
Photos (only shows photos)
Files (only shows files)
Videos (only shows videos)
Music (only shows music)

So there's not really a way to do what you're wanting until individual gallery entries can be privacy controlled (hoping to have the triggers available to do this for next release, but unsure yet).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

8 years 2 months ago #279032 by globalgridfree
Replied by globalgridfree on topic Mutiple Gallery Tabs
I hope this is in the next update, it would help tremendously with my setup. I guess ill have to change that part to coming soon

8 years 2 months ago #279054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mutiple Gallery Tabs
Next release will have the triggers to extend CB Gallery. The functionality for per entry privacy is not likely to work immediately as I likely need to improve CB Privacy API first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn