Error

Please login first

HTML or Code Field

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #279092 by edmundcheong
HTML or Code Field was created by edmundcheong
Is it possible to hard code to call other cbfields in the html or code field type? I am trying to insert the codes below to display some fields differently.. perhaps in ta le format?

<!
<span class="cbSnglCtrlLbl"><label for="cbf428" class="radio-inline"><input type="radio" name="cb_field" value="1" id="cbf428" checked="checked" aria-invalid="false"> 1 </label></span>

<span class="cbSnglCtrlLbl"><label for="cbf429" class="radio-inline"><input type="radio" name="cb_field" value="2" id="cbf429"> 2 </label></span>
>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #279093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic HTML or Code Field
You can only override the value output of a field for any of its views. For profile edit this does include the edit inputs. This is done by editing your field then under Parameters > Layouts adjusting the respective layout for your field. You don't need Code field or an HTML field to do this.

In short, yes your code should work as an edit layout for a radio field, but it's not exactly recommended as if we change the HTML output by a fields edit display yours likely becomes out dated. Depending on what you're wanting to do it maybe easier to alter it using CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 2 months ago #279096 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic HTML or Code Field

krileon wrote: You can only override the value output of a field for any of its views. For profile edit this does include the edit inputs. This is done by editing your field then under Parameters > Layouts adjusting the respective layout for your field. You don't need Code field or an HTML field to do this.

Any examples around on how to make full use of this feature? Perhaps you can tell me what term to search for in the forums?

8 years 2 months ago #279100 by nant
Replied by nant on topic HTML or Code Field

edmundcheong wrote:

krileon wrote: You can only override the value output of a field for any of its views. For profile edit this does include the edit inputs. This is done by editing your field then under Parameters > Layouts adjusting the respective layout for your field. You don't need Code field or an HTML field to do this.

Any examples around on how to make full use of this feature? Perhaps you can tell me what term to search for in the forums?

Yes, check CB Primer and also the videos here (#08):

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds