Query Check Box/Radio button Field

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279661 by edmundcheong
Query Check Box/Radio button Field was created by edmundcheong
How do i display a query checkbox/radio button field to checked by default?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Query Check Box/Radio button Field
You can only do that for new registrations by supplying a registration default value while editing the field. Multicheckbox fields, multiselect, etc.. use |*| to delimiter values if you need to have multiple selected at once you'd do so with VALUE_1|*|VALUE_2 for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279671 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Query Check Box/Radio button Field

krileon wrote: You can only do that for new registrations by supplying a registration default value while editing the field. Multicheckbox fields, multiselect, etc.. use |*| to delimiter values if you need to have multiple selected at once you'd do so with VALUE_1|*|VALUE_2 for example.

Does this work on "query" checkboxes and radio button?

I am aware about the ability for this at registration for the usual fields.. but is it possible when edit profile display?

Is it a way to capitalize on the field parameters value layout?

Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #279672 by krileon
That parameter should work fine for query fields. No, you can't apply it to profile edit. No, there's no workaround. When we refactor our field classes completely we should be able to better handle a default value. For now if you need to apply a default to existing users you could run a query on your database table _comprofiler using phpmyadmin to set their fields value if they don't have one stored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 1 month ago #279674 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Query Check Box/Radio button Field
Thanks kyle.. understood, looking forward cb's field refactoring..

A by the way thing, any tutorial on how to capitalize on the value layout parameters?

8 years 1 month ago #279686 by krileon

A by the way thing, any tutorial on how to capitalize on the value layout parameters?

Believe in the CB Primer Book it's described some. In short it lets you replace the output of a field in those respective views. So for example lets say you've a radio field that you want each value to display as an image. That's doabling using the profile value layout and IF substitutions. It replaces the need for having 2 fields to do this as you used to have to use a Custom HTML field in addition to your radio field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.536 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn