[#5875] CBsubs total pending baskets

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279706 by activha
[#5875] CBsubs total pending baskets was created by activha
Hello

On CBsubs 4.0.1 version we had the ability to search the turnover from date A to date B from the baskets view, and this view included both completed baskets and pending baskets.

On CBSubs 4.0.2 the same search only gives total of COMPLETED baskets (meaning paid).This is plain wrong as it does not take into account all pending baskets that can be paid or that need to be addressed by our people to get paiement.

Could you change the search in backend to get :
- the ability to have all sales during a period including all baskets states
- the ability to have all sales with taxes and without taxes with the same search (all baskets states)

That's important for us to be able to get this from CBsubs because there is no way to export data to another component or SaaS and get actions to do on sales or stats ?

What is the most important for now is to get back the search per period for all states baskets

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs total pending baskets
The search has and always meant to be for completed payments. The description directly states this with "By date and time of completed payment:". Specifically it's filtering on the "Completed on" column.

I see no difference in this usage between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. I also do not see any commit done between the two releases to change this behavior.

You should be able to filter the baskets display to the pending baskets by selecting "Pending" for the "Payment status" folder. Have added a feature ticket to allow date filter range on "Initiated on".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279729 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs total pending baskets
It is important to be able to display and search baskets and payments per all criteria possible i.e. :
- stauts
- dates
- without or with taxes

Without a proper export function, this is the only way to track sales so if we want to be able to have a professional look at what we do, we need all criteria possible.

Then of course stats, graphs and export functions would be welcome :-)

But searching per date range for all baskets (pending or not) is a real requirement to follow sales and offline payments.

Thanks

8 years 1 month ago #279733 by activha
Following my latest post, I need urgently to know our total turnover for january and february including paid and pending baskets, and I need to have our accountants contact pending baskets with offline payments for requiring checks.

Now with cbsubs 4.0.2 how can I achieve this and have the total computed in HT and TTC ???

8 years 1 month ago #279893 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBsubs total pending baskets

activha wrote: Following my latest post, I need urgently to know our total turnover for january and february including paid and pending baskets, and I need to have our accountants contact pending baskets with offline payments for requiring checks.

Now with cbsubs 4.0.2 how can I achieve this and have the total computed in HT and TTC ???

Paid Subscriptions -> Taxes -> Sales tax report

gives you a detailed tax report for completed sales. Per month and per currency. Without and with taxes, with all those columns:
  • Payments completed date
  • Currency
  • Invoices
  • Tax-exempt invoices
  • Taxed invoices
  • Gross total invoiced and received
  • Gross sub-total exempt from sales tax
  • Gross sub-total containing sales tax
  • Net total sales, excl. sales-taxes
  • Net sub-total taxable sales
  • Sales-taxes collected
  • Tax rate
  • Currency exchange rate
  • Gross total invoiced and received (in main currency)
  • Net Sub-Total taxable (in main currency)
  • Sales-taxes collected (in main currency)

That's the information that we use for our own TVA (sales tax) quarterly reportings.
However for annual accounting and the final reconciliation annual VAT report, like most companies, we are using the information provided by the acquiring banks, as those are the ones that are the official binding numbers.

You even have links to view the payments and also to view the corresponding invoices that you can print (from backend).

In search tools, it is possible to narrow down a bit if needed.

CBSubs considers Pending baskets as just being confirmed orders, with a proforma invoice and as not delivered, and as such, they are not subject to tax in Switzerland and EU to the best of my knowledge.

Now if you need in that tax report view a new search tools to also be able to search by baskets by state Completed/Pending/... with default staying Completed, it is something that can be done without too much effort. Such a filter would make sense only if you start delivering before the payment.

As this filtering feature has never been asked up to now, I have added this as a feature-request #5886 for CBSubs 4.1, due out later this year,

If I read properly all other VAT reporting help features requests are already available in the Tax Report as explained above.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 1 month ago #279919 by activha

CBSubs considers Pending baskets as just being confirmed orders, with a proforma invoice and as not delivered, and as such, they are not subject to tax in Switzerland and EU to the best of my knowledge.

Now if you need in that tax report view a new search tools to also be able to search by baskets by state Completed/Pending/... with default staying Completed, it is something that can be done without too much effort. Such a filter would make sense only if you start delivering before the payment.

The problem is that, when using offline gateway with bank wires or checks, subscriptions are considered delivered (especially renewals), except if there is a problem later on in the payment, but at the same time we do not mark them as completed in the backend in order to be able to check real payment.
We are obliged to do it this way because our customer subscriptions generate registrations with lots of other suppliers and we cannot stop a subscription with what it implies for a customer, except if there is a real default of payment after several follow-up letters, mails or calls.

Further, to track sales report, we would need to have detailed information about completed paid sales and also pending payment sales (which are 95% completed)
We need to have a search and an export function which would near what our previous CRM did. We moved to CRMery which could be a good complement to CBsubs by the way.

Until you have an export function to get all Cbsubs data to a CRM, it's impossible to have a clear segmentation and view of completed sales, pending sales, waiting sales. Then our commercial team do not have serious data to work on any longer.

I will answer you by PM in a short time.

What I suggest is that you could add a criteria for search by date including pending payments status in all searching zones. (Tax, baskets, payments)

It would be also good to be able to export data linked with plain CB fields in csv to be able to analyze things in different ways for commercial and marketing review.

Hope it's clear despite my english :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn