[SOLVED]Description on Registration TAB

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #280436 by some1new
[SOLVED]Description on Registration TAB was created by some1new
Hi,

I'm setting up an step-by-step registration.

Now it has two tabs and I need to have some text above first line in first tab to describe why information given are neccessary.

Using tab description does not show the text entered, am I missing any setting especially for this?

Just entered plain text in description of this registration tab which.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #280437 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Description on Registration TAB
Hi,

The way I did it was creating a new field of type Custom HTML in the Contact Info tab, make it visible in registration only, and move it at the very top in the order in Field Management.
The following user(s) said Thank You: some1new

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #280438 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Description on Registration TAB
Thx,

this is a good idea, but I read somewhere form krileon that Description should be available in registration and Profile edit tabs.

That's why I was asking for any hint or if I misunderstood something.

8 years 1 month ago #280451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Description on Registration TAB
Tab description is shown in profile edit. Plugin tabs can also alter this behavior. So it's not entirely reliable and mainly was there when we had less control of where fields can display. I highly recommend simply using a Custom HTML field instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: some1new, sysopcrew, lousyfool

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn