Sharing CB Blogs and CB Activity contents

8 years 1 day ago #281051 by bravostreet
Sharing CB Blogs and CB Activity contents was created by bravostreet
Dear CB Staff,

is it possible to implement a share button in each post in CB Blogs and CB Activity like for example Addthis or similars? At the moment I plugged in but naturally works on joomla articles only.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #281053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharing CB Blogs and CB Activity contents
CB Blogs can be used with Joomla or K2 content. This means you can use sharing extensions for either of those to share blogs. For the internal model you'd need to modify the below template file and directly add your code/HTML for sharing.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbblogs/templates/default/blog_show.php

Note it's recommended to copy the default template, delete everything in the copy you do not intend to edit (excluding index.html, leave that), select your new template in CB Blogs > Parameters, then adjust the files you have left as needed.

For CB Activity you'll need to modify the template as well. Sharing features for it are planned in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 11 months ago #282006 by bravostreet
Replied by bravostreet on topic Sharing CB Blogs and CB Activity contents
Sharing features like other existing Open Source Social Network for Joomla would be perfect!

In this case, please, how could I embed this in blog_show.php for example?

<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
<a class="addthis_button_facebook"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_twitter"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a>
<a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a>
</div>

Could You suggest if possible?

Thanks

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #282025 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharing CB Blogs and CB Activity contents
Modify the file and simply add it to its output. Review the file carefully. It's best to not modify the default template as suggested above as you will lose your changes when updating CB. I do not recommend modifying PHP files without an IDE like phpstorm (commercial, recommended) or netbeans (free). You'll probably want it add it after the final div of the $return or inside it I suppose if you want it inside of the blogs container div.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn