[SOLVED] Value check during registration

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 5 days ago #281303 by fdinkler
Using CBSubs 4.0.2, CB 2.0.14 on J 3.4.9 hosted by Bluehost.com

Use case: User wishes to register for a plan that requires the user to be a family member of an existing user who is actively subscribed to one or more specific plans. The registration form includes a field for the the subscriber to enter the other user's membership ID (assigned outside of Joomla/CB and visible on the other user's profile.)

Using the current pantheon of CBSubs and CB plug-ins, I'm not seeing a way to check an entered value dynamically during registration and allow/prevent the registration process.

I have read the Family Membership use case in Tutorials, however that use case actor is the member already subscribed who identifies qualifying members who aer already subscribed or registered.

My actor is the non-subscribed user who wants to subscribe to the Family Plan, and needs to enter the qualify family member's ID for validation during the registration process.

Suggestions on a solution/work-around?

Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 days ago #281334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Value check during registration

Using the current pantheon of CBSubs and CB plug-ins, I'm not seeing a way to check an entered value dynamically during registration and allow/prevent the registration process.

Use CB Query Field and its Query Validation. You'll need to query their supplied value against the database to see if it exists. See the below CB Query Field videos to set started.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7MM9iP9FooKB1qk8f5MLWVp

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 5 days ago #281405 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Value check during registration
Thanks, closed...
Fred

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn